Where do you start looking? How do you find paying clients? What are the exact action-steps? It sometimes feels daunting and like a Dark Art. But it needn’t be if you follow these 5 tips.
I’ve tried and tested these over the past 20 years. I know all about finding clients for my creative business as well as NOT finding clients….everyone has had moments of struggle and overwhelm. Don’t let anyone tell you that they have THE system and process to bring in clients while you sleep and do nothing.
But equally, don’t buy into the belief that finding clients for your creative business is impossibly hard and for ‘businessy-types’ only. I promise you there are people out there who ARE your ideal clients, who would LOVE to buy for you or work with you.
20 years ago I literally door-knocked shops, cafes and galleries to sell my artwork. Some said yes, many said no. But that didn’t put me off. Yes, I had to go away an lick my wounds, but I dusted myself off from the rejection and kept going. One step at a time.
Five ways to succeed in finding clients:
- Identify and ditch unhelpful limiting beliefs around sales, money, clients.
- Whittle down what you sell, and who it’s for. Don’t be all things to all people. Niche!
- Start where you are. You don’t need to find clients who are ‘far away’. Start where you are and with what’s around you. I bet you have potential clients or a potential audience in your own online and offline network.
- Stop working for free in the belief it will translate into paying clients. 95% of the time it won’t. Be smart and learn to identify a real opportunity versus a dead end.
- The long game. You never sow seeds and harvest the fruits at the same time. Have conversations, keep in touch, be helpful in online communities, share your art and creativity everywhere. Be visible. Potential clients are watching without you even realising. Be consistent.
I’m running a free webinar on this subject and will be expanding on the 5 points above. If you want to join me, register here.
I promise the webinar will be useful, waffle-free and packed with action-steps. You’ll come out with a clearer idea of how and where to find clients.
“How To Find Clients” – free webinar & Q&A.
Wednesday 3rd Feb 2021, 10am AEST (Sydney, Melbourne)
On Zoom – sign up below and I’ll send you the link